FIX: Incorrect HL7 ACK is generated when you use BizTalk Server 2010 Accelerator for HL7
For example, an ACK is generated in the following format:
ERR||OBX_ObservationResult^9^23|HL7nnnn^Data type error^102|E||||||||^^^^^^^^^^^
However, the correct format for an ACK is as follows:
ERR||OBX ^9^23|102^Data type error^ HL70369|E||||||||^^^^^^^^^^^
- “OBX_ObservationResult” is an XML node name, not an HL7 identifier.
- “HL7nnnn” should actually be the code “HL70369″.
- The order of the fields in the ERR segment is incorrect. “HL7nnnn^Data type error^102″ should be “102^Data type error^ HL70369″.
- The ACK has an HL7 identifier instead of an XML node name. For example, the ACK has “OBX” instead of “OBX_ObservationResult”.
- The error information for the ERR segment is generated through the following guidelines:
- The order of the fields in the ERR segment is incorrect. For example, “HL7nnnn^Data type error^102″ is changed to “102^Data type error^ HL7nnnn”.
A supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing this specific problem.
If the hotfix is available for download, there is a “Hotfix download available” section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, submit a request to Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix.
Note If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, visit the following Microsoft website:
Note The “Hotfix download available” form displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language, it is because a hotfix is not available for that language.
You must have BTAHL7 installed to apply this hotfix. Additionally, you must apply the hotfixes that are described in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) articles:
FIX: A hotfix is available that provides additional Delivery Mode properties for the Minimal Lower Layer Protocol send and receive adapters in BizTalk Accelerator for HL7 in a BizTalk Server 2010 environment
FIX: Hotfix adds support to HL7 v2.5.1 message processing and fixes several issues in BizTalk Server 2010 Accelerator for HL7
After you apply this hotfix, you may have to restart the computer. If you are not prompted to restart the computer, you must restart the BizTalk host instance services.
Important This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
How to back up and restore the registry in Windows
If the current hotfix is needed and BTAHL7 generates an ACK according to the modified schema, you must follow these steps in addition to installing the hotfix. If the hotfix is not needed, for example BTAHL7 generates an ACK that does not have the similar symptom that is described in the “Symptoms” section, you do not have to follow these steps.
Note The following procedure requires setting a new registry key, rebuilding BTAHL7V2XCommon Project with the modified schemas, and then redeploying the project. If those schemas are referred to in any other projects, it also requires rebuilding and redeploying those projects.
- Stop the BizTalk Server host instances.
- Redeploy BTAHL7V2XCommon Project with the new modified schemas. To do this, perform the following actions:
- Rename ACK_24_GLO_DEF_949029 in %Microsoft BizTalk 2010 Accelerator for HL7TemplatesSchemasV2.X2.4 as ACK_24_GLO_DEF
- Rename ACK_25_GLO_DEF_949029 in %Microsoft BizTalk 2010 Accelerator for HL7TemplatesSchemasV2.X2.5 as ACK_25_GLO_DEF
- If BTAHL7V2XCommon Project is already deployed, undeploy the project, and then build and redeploy the project.
- If these schemas are referred to in any other projects, the procedure also requires rebuilding and redeploying those projects with these modified schemas.
- Create a registry entry of type DWORD with the name “UseModifiedAck” in the following registry subkey:
- If the hotfix is needed and step 2 is finished, set the newly created registry key value to 1. If the registry key is not available or the value is set to a value other than 1, BTAHL7 will generate an ACK that does not have symptoms similar to what are described in the “Symptoms” section (this procedure is performed in order to make sure that the existing customer solutions are not disturbed). Therefore, in case the modified schemas are not deployed (step 2 is not finished), set the registry key value to another value that is not 1. If the modified schemas are deployed (step 2 is finished), make sure that you set the registry key to 1.
- Restart the BizTalk Server host instances.
The English version of this hotfix has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone tab in the Date and Time item in Control Panel.
Collapse this tableExpand this table
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time||Platform|
Information about BizTalk hotfixes and service pack support
Article ID: 2713884 – Last Review: August 10, 2012 – Revision: 1.0
- Microsoft BizTalk Server Branch 2010
- Microsoft BizTalk Server Developer 2010
- Microsoft BizTalk Server Enterprise 2010
- Microsoft BizTalk Server Standard 2010
|kbsurveynew kbexpertiseadvanced kbhotfixserver kbautohotfix kbqfe kbfix KB2713884|