In General Ledger in Microsoft Dynamics SL 7.0, one of the following screens may be open:
- The Account/Subaccount Maintenance (01.320.00) screen
- The Generate Recurring (01.530.00) screen
- The Generate Allocations (01.580.00) screen
When one of these screens is open, you may receive the following error message:
SQL Server Message 916 – The server principal “” is not able to access the database “” under the current security context.
This problem occurs if the following conditions are true:
- You use the Windows Authentication security method for Microsoft Dynamics SL 7.0.
- You have Microsoft FRx installed.
- You validate account and subaccount combinations.
Before you follow the instructions in this article, make sure that you have a complete backup copy of the database that you can restore if a problem occurs.
To resolve this problem, follow these steps:
- Download the following file.
The following file is available for download from the Microsoft Dynamics File Exchange Server:
Release Date: February 14, 2008
Microsoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
- Run the first two statements in this file against the Microsoft Dynamics SL application database.
- Run the remaining statements in this file against the Microsoft Dynamics SL system database.
See more here:
Error message when a screen is open in General Ledger in Microsoft Dynamics SL 7.0: "SQL Server Message 916"